Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, and select Control Panel from the menu. Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound, click Adjust system volume. Make sure the volume is not muted by looking at the square Mute buttons below the volume slider.
How do I reset my Sound settings on Windows 8?
Watch a video on restoring the audio driver in Windows 8
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, select Device Manager from the menu. …
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click the name of the audio device and select Properties. …
- Click the Driver tab.
How do I reset my Sound settings on my computer?
go to your setting > system > sound > Advance Sounds Options > scroll down bottom you will see Reset click there! My Computer.
How do I restore my Sound?
Go to “Settings,” “Control Panel,” “System” and “Device Manager. Click to expand “Sound, video and game controllers.” Your sound driver should be displayed. If you deleted it accidentally, it will say something like “No sound driver installed.”
What to do if Windows 8 is not working?
Table of Contents:
- Operating System.
- Specific Windows 8 No Boot Issues.
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug All External Devices.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Boot Computer to Safe Mode.
How do I fix the Sound on my laptop Windows 8?
To open the Troubleshooting tool:
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, then select Control Panel from the menu. Figure : Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems. Figure : Find and fix problems.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
Why is my sound not working on my computer?
First, check to make sure Windows is using the correct device for speaker output by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar. … Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. Test by playing a song. Right-click the volume icon and click Open Volume Mixer.
How do I fix no sound on my computer?
How do I fix “no sound” on my computer?
- Check your volume settings. …
- Restart or change your audio device. …
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers. …
- Disable audio enhancements. …
- Update the BIOS.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How Do I Turn on Sound on My Computer?
- Click the triangle to the left of the taskbar icons to open the hidden icon section.
- Many programs use internal volume settings in addition to the Windows volume sliders. …
- You’ll usually want the device labeled “Speakers” (or similar) set as the default.
How do I fix Windows sound not working?
If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter. …
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed. …
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections. …
- Check sound settings. …
- Fix your audio drivers. …
- Set your audio device as the default device. …
- Turn off audio enhancements.
How do I get the sound back on my computer?
You can also use the following steps to check the volume on your Windows computer:
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel”.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Adjust System Volume.
- Click the speaker icon to unmute any muted sounds (It will have a red circle with a line next to it).